Friday, September 07, 2012

Best Laid Plans, *sigh* --  

Well I started my second round of chemotherapy on Wednesday . . . and am once again in extreme fatigue mode.

I did not manage to even flock any of the 72 cavalry bases waiting for their grass . . . and I didn't get anything painted either.  Hopefully I will manage to get into some sort of routine over the next few months and eventually get the mini-campaign I'm hoping to do done.

There was some good news today, however.  Mike Tabor of Historifigs has located two of the GNW/WSS Bloodaxe molds that I want figures from.  The one that I need most is in good shape; but the other is not.  Anyway it does look like I will be able to add the units I need for Stagonia.

That is, of course, if I can manage to shake off this malaise that the chemo has me in.  So while I still hope to manage the mini-campaign, I am less optimistic than I was earlier.

-- Jeff

9 comments:

abdul666 said...

Progress at your own pace and don't feel disheartened, Jeff!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

There's time yet Jeff, no rush. Rest up. Reminisce about past good times and dream and scheme about the good times to come.

MurdocK said...

Planning counts as progress!

Fitz-Badger said...

Agreed with the others. Best wishes!

David Morfitt said...

Yes, I'm afraid taking it easy sounds essential - but as others have said, planning and dreaming are all part of the fun. I'm sure you'll get to that mini-campaign eventually and enjoy it all the more for anticipating it... Good luck.

Cheers,

David.

Jiminho said...

I'd say that you are clearly getting more done than me!

Your Bloodaxe projet is interesting but surely Stagonia has a regiment of misshapen soldiers suitable for that defective mould.

Good luck,

Jim

abdul666 said...

And think that now, thanks to 'our' Frank of Minden, you can place the Duchess of Saschen-Vindow and the Stagonian Queen Mother (dressed in black and fuchsia?) on the tabletop...

PaintPig said...

Good news about the molds even if one is a bit crusty, it was a lucky find indeed. Looking forward to seeing your new troops once they have been spun up.

BTW thanks for joining us at the Odd Fellows

Kelroy Was Here said...

Rest. Paint when you can. Play when you can. It'll wait for you. Get well!