Saturday, November 17, 2012

Not Much Progress

Well today I finished painting some barrels as markers for "limited powder" for the (hopefully) upcoming battles.  I've also got two gamers who will "run" the respective sides for the "Alpian Wars" . . . and I've created blogs for the mini-campaign.

But overall things are going slowly on my end.  I am amazed at just how debilitating the "chemo fatigue" is.  It takes an effort of will to just stand up.  Walking into another room leaves me huffing and puffing; and walking up the stairs usually requires a rest on the way.

I'm almost through the two week break they've between chemotherapy cycles; but I have chemo scheduled for Wednesday . . . *sigh* . . . I know that it is helping me but it really is stressful.

Hopefully I can get the first battle of the Alpian Wars started soon.

-- Jeff

7 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

I like the powder barrels as markers idea- a plan I might borrow if that is ok.

Keeping going Jeff you'll get there!

all the very best
The Duke & Court of Tradgardland

CelticCurmudgeon said...

Dear Jeff,

Hang in there! My wife had breast cancer and had to go through four months of chemo. She was always tired and suffered from loss of appetite despite taking the anti-nausea medications. That was the bad news. The good news is that when it's over you will begin feling better. People's reactions to meds are different but, generally, you will feel better.
Keep a good thought!
Jerry

NOMADIC OLD SCHOOL GAMER. said...

Jeff
I took care of my Father during his chemo and found that he did best when he could do activities that kept his spirits up, playing Domino's. Keep doing as much pleasant activities as possibleand the chemo will take care of itself. We are all praying for a rapid completion of your treatment and your return to health.

MurdocK said...

Endurance test, you are in a tug-o-war with some great team members.

The challenge is to see this as the 'nearing the finish line' that little flag has moved very far in your direction, now after a moment of pause (yes a moment on the scale of time and space that this tug-o-war takes) you will dig in an pull again just as steady as before.

The team chose you as you have the heart of the bear and are strong enough to do this.

PaintPig said...

Cant add much more to what has already been said, and in words much better than I could choose, other than to say

stay strong and stay positive, never forget there are plenty of guys and gals out here that have your back

regards
dave

marinergrim said...

Hang in there buddy. you're getting every day right.

Archduke Piccolo said...

These guys have said it all, pretty much. Just hang in there, eh?
Cheers,
Ion