Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Battle Looms in "The Alpian Wars"

I finished my final cycle of chemotherapy earlier this month and while I still lack stamina, I do feel a bit better and am prepping another battle at my "The Alpian Wars" blog.

South, looking North at Roseville, with Rose Ridge on Lef

If you've forgotten, I am using Clarence Harrison's "Victory Without Quarter" ECW rules to fight an earlier 16th century conflict between two Imagi-Nations (Alpia and Stagonia), who have split the first two battles.

The "kicker" is that a pair of gamers from the opposite sides of Canada are in command of these forces, emailing me their troop dispositions and plans . . . which, with VWQ's card-driven system, doesn't always work out as hoped . . . but it sure makes it fun for me.

So, if interested, do take a look at "The Alpian Wars", which has many more photos.

-- Jeff

No comments: