Friday, August 30, 2013

"Ouch!" -- a Delay with my ECW Project

I'm experiencing a bit of a delay with my ECW project due to health issues. 

Some days ago I became aware of my "kidney gravel" (i.e., small kidney stones) moving through some tighter places as it moves through my system.  This is not only painful but very tiring . . . and the pain pills to get me through it leave me quite light-headed . . . and that most assuredly means no hobby knives nor trying to glue fiddly-little pieces of plastic.

Then last night my gout flared up . . . so more pain pills . . . ouch!  Anyway, while these things will pass, I'm not going to be accomplishing much with my figures for a few days.

-- Jeff

7 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Best wishes on your health, Jeff!

tradgardmastare said...

Hope this gets better for you very soon Jeff.
Best Wishes
Alan

Bluebear Jeff said...

The gout medication should clear that up in another day or two.

The kidney gravel is variable . . . but most of the time it is more fatiguing than acutely painful.

Meanwhile I'm drinking lots of fluids (water, club soda and homemade parsley tea) to help flush the system.


-- Jeff

El Grego said...

Hang in there Jeff!!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Hopefully it'll pass soon (sic). Meanwhile rest up and day dream.

tidders2 said...

Hope will all sort itself out soon

-- Allan

Springinsfeld said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.